Thursday, March 04, 2010

Honorable Mentions pt. 2

One that almost made it: Eerie Cuties By- Gisele Legace


Why it could have made the list:
Well, it is cute. I like to look at the pretty colors and characters.
Really though, it's more than just cute characters. The storylines are well, uh, funny and ummm, cute?
I like that the title 'Eerie Cuties' tells you what you are in for right away: They're classic villain monsters in high school. See? That's cute!
Gisele, mainly known for Minage e 3, keeps in tradition of that comic by adding in sexually confused or androgynous characters. I like that kind of stuff, so blow off!


(Sit there and tell me you didn't slip a little giggle at how cute this is. Liar)

Why it didn't make the list:
Arranging the panels in ways that communicates the action taking place is key for any comic. EC doesn't do this. I sometimes have to read a certain page over and over again until I get what I'm looking at.
Secondly, the stories are just cute. I don't feel I am going to see a meaningful relationship develop , or at least any I'll care about.
To be honest, I love this comic. I read every update just so I can see the cute characters and find out what cute dilemma they'll run into next. However, being that there is little substance I don't recommend it to everyone.
If you like all things cute, check it out! I wish the best of luck to Gisele and the comic!

(Feel free to explode from 'cute' overuse)

No comments: